33rd Annual Cross Country Classic - An Invitation
Woodbridge High School in partnership with Estancia and Costa Mesa High Schools would like to invite your team to the 33nd Annual Cross Country Classic (www.gvarvas.com) sponsored by VSAthletics:
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. This gives your athletes a once-in-a life opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in CC while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple States for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation (220+ schools, 10,000 + athletes).
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. The entire course is on a flat fast grass/dirt surfaces.
- Handing-out over 3600 individual metals (100 per race) and over 216 team trophies (6 per race).
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the mile and 2-mile splits.
- Making water/fluids available on the course and after the race.
- Setting-up a festive health and expo fair with information and give-aways for your athletes.
- Providing an easy fund-raiser that will afford your team the opportunity to raise needed funds for your team's activities/trips.
If you are able to attend, please respond to this email ASAP. The meet turned away about 20 schools last year. It feels up fast! Also, if you have a preference on divisions (blue, gold, red, white), please let us know ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Good luck during the track season. Please respond to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org)ASAP to secure a pot in the meet!
George Varvas (949.632.4327)
Woodbridge H., S. Cross Country